Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Pat Kirwan of SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com:
PAT KIRWAN (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com)
- Houston Texans - Last week No. 2 but the way they dominate opponents is impressive. They could run thru their schedule.
- Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan is closing in on elite status and the rest of his team is following his lead.
- Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens hold down the No. 3 spot for another week. The Flacco no-huddle offense and playmakers on defense make them a tough out.
- Arizona Cardinals - I thought it would be tough to win without Darnell Dockett but they showed their desire to overcome adversity. Kevin Kolb is making it tough for Skelton to get back on the field.
- San Francisco 49ers - They shut out the Jets on the road and add the dangerous version of wildcat to their bag of tricks.
- New England Patriots - Any team that can score 45 points in the second half on the road is dangerous. Tom Brady is operating a balanced attack right now dropping 247 yards rushing on top of 340 yards passing last week.
- San Diego Chargers - They went into Kansas City and dismantled the Chiefs. They are a very quiet 3-1, but not for long.
- Philadelphia Eagles - They could easily be 1-3 instead of 3-1, but no reason to apologize for winning. The Eagles bounce all over these rankings. Last week they were 15th.
- Green Bay Packers - It looks like the Packer offense made some adjustments to the soft coverage's teams were playing and got back to scoring points. The defense did give up 446 yards passing and three touchdowns to Drew Brees, which is alarming.
- Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning wasn't rusty opening night and he looked like a well-oiled machine this week. The Broncos run game will hurt you as well.
- New York Giants - They should have won their last game, but they didn't and drop in the rankings from 6 to 11. They are a bounce back team and I expect them in the top 10 again soon.
- Cincinnati Bengals - They still don't beat playoff teams, but they also don't lose to anyone else. The defense is improving and Andy Dalton has lots of weapons on offense.
- Minnesota Vikings - Say what you want, not only are the Vikings 3-1 but they beat the 49ers and just handed it to the Lions. Ponder is one cool customer.
- Chicago Bears - The defense is outstanding, Urlacher has enough left to lead them and as long as Cutler throws the short game they can win.
- Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks have to be sick with the fake field goal for a touchdown last week, but young teams have to learn. The Seattle defense is still good enough to keep them in every game they play.
- Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers had a bye last week but they also have real questions about their defense. They need Polamalu and Harrison back at the very least.
- Washington Redskins - The Redskins have defensive issues over injuries that have to be solved. The offense led by RG3 will score points and be dangerous all season if Griffin can stay healthy.
- Dallas Cowboys - What a shame they can't put it together as a team. There is plenty of talent on this team.
- St. Louis Rams - Fisher can confuse opposing quarterbacks with his coverage looks. The Rams are playing as well as they possibly can during this rebuilding project.
- Buffalo Bills - The Bills were able to put 28 on the Pats defense, but their defense gave up 52 to the Pats. For the money the Bills spent on this defense they expect better.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Finally, Josh Freeman looked a little like the QB of 2010. The Bucs play hard but struggle to close out games which is a trait of young teams.
- Miami Dolphins - Tannehill throws for a Dolphin rookie record of 431 yards and has a lot of potential. The Miami run defense is solid and will keep them in enough games that this team moves up again next week.
- Carolina Panthers - I probably have the Panthers too low right now and as Cam Newton grows this team will fly up this board.
- Detroit Lions - The Lions rush isn't as effective as it has been in the past and consequently the secondary gets exposed.
- New York Jets - No Darrelle Revis no chance as they got shut out by the Niners at home.
- New Orleans Saints - They are down but not out! Drew Brees will keep this team together until they start winning.
- Tennessee Titans - The Titans could be more effective with Hasselbeck for the short term. CJ picked it up a bit with the running game, but this team continues to struggle.
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert can't survive six sacks like he did last week especially when MJD has 38 yards rushing.
- Indianapolis Colts - What a shame that coach Pagano has been diagnosed with leukemia. The team will play inspired football and this defense hustles to the ball.
- Cleveland Browns - No one can say the Browns don't give great effort. With five rookies starting on offense it is going to take time before they can beat good teams. Brandon Weeden is starting to look like a solid draft pick and is only getting better.
- Oakland Raiders - Peyton Manning dissected this defense last week and once again Darren McFadden couldn't get the running game going.
- Kansas City Chiefs - There is talent on this roster but there are problems too. Too many turnovers last week.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL