Buccaneers Community | High School Coach of the Week | Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Buccaneers.com
Buccaneers High School Coach of the Week
Tampa Bay area high school football expert, Dan Lucas from WFLA (@WFLADan) selects all nominees based on specific criteria. Now, it is up to you to vote for the Buccaneers High School Coach of the Week. Voting will start on Tuesday's at 9:00 a.m. and end on Thursday's at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be announced on Saturday and posted on buccaneers.com/coachoftheweek.
Please consider the following criteria, which was used to select our nominees:
1. Have winning record, beat a longtime rival, snap a losing streak, defeat a defending champion, and/or record an amazing comeback victory.
2. Show commitment to his player's safety by teaching the fundamentals of the game, proper tackling techniques. Concussion management practices and adherence to heat and hydration techniques.
3. Display a strong rapport and have earned respect from his players.
4. Have developed a mutually respectful relationship with game officials by using acceptable methods for questioning and avoiding disruptive behavior.
5. Be a leader in the game field by always exhibiting positive behavior.
6. Be involved with outside organizations such as camps, clinics and coaching conventions.
7. Be involved with community programs.
8. Developed excellent relationships with other coaches by being cooperative, considerate and being positive with game related media statements.
Each winner, one per week for 9 weeks, will receive a grant for $2,500 from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Foundation to help maintain and upgrade their football program.
At the conclusion of the season, a Buccaneers High School Coach of the Year will be selected and earn an additional award from the Buccaneers.
Week 1: Kenny Strong, Kathleen High
Week 2: Cory Moore, Lakewood High School
The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari.