Buccaneers High School Coach of the Week
Tampa Bay area high school football expert, Dan Lucas from WFLA (@WFLADan) selects all nominees based on specific criteria. Now, it is up to you to vote for the Buccaneers High School Coach of the Week. Voting will start on Monday’s at 12:00 p.m. and end on Thursday’s at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be announced on Friday and posted on buccaneers.com/coachoftheweek.
Please consider the following criteria, which was used to select our nominees:
1. Have winning record, beat a longtime rival, snap a losing streak, defeat a defending champion, and/or record an amazing comeback victory.
2. Show commitment to his player’s safety by teaching the fundamentals of the game, proper tackling techniques. Concussion management practices and adherence to heat and hydration techniques.
3. Display a strong rapport and have earned respect from his players.
4. Have developed a mutually respectful relationship with game officials by using acceptable methods for questioning and avoiding disruptive behavior.
5. Be a leader in the game field by always exhibiting positive behavior.
6. Be involved with outside organizations such as camps, clinics and coaching conventions.
7. Be involved with community programs.
8. Developed excellent relationships with other coaches by being cooperative, considerate and being positive with game related media statements.
Each winner, one per week for 11 weeks, will receive a grant for $2,000 from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Foundation to help maintain and upgrade their football program.
At the conclusion of the season, a Buccaneers High School Coach of the Year will be selected and earn an additional award from the Buccaneers.
- Mitch Disney - Dunedin High School
- Kirk Karsen - Gaither High School