- On the opening drive of the game, the Buccaneers went 80 yards in eight plays, culminating in a one-yard rushing touchdown from quarterback Jameis Winston, his second rushing touchdown of the preseason (also one at Minnesota, 8/15/15). Winston's two rushing touchdowns are tied for the league lead. On the drive, running back Doug Martin rushed for 52 yards on four carries (13.0 avg.).
- Winston finished the game going 8-of-13 (61.5 pct.) for 90 yards.
- Martin finishing the game with six carries for 59 yards (9.8 avg). His 59 rushing yards are the most by a Buccaneers player in the preseason since running back Mike James rushed for 81 at New England in 2013 (8/24).
- Buccaneers defensive end George Johnson tallied his first sack of the preseason on the Bengals' second possession, dropping Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton for a seven-yard loss. Johnson later combined with defensive tackle Gerald McCoy for a third-down sack of Dalton. Johnson now has 7.0 career preseason sacks (3.0 in 2011, 2.5 in 2014, 1.5 in 2015).
- Tampa Bay defensive end Larry English recorded his first sack of the preseason on the Bengals' final possession of the first quarter. English now has 6.0 career preseason sacks (3.0 in 2012, 2.0 in 2014, 1.0 in 2015).
- In the second quarter, the Buccaneers ended consecutive Bengals drives with interceptions. The first was by cornerback Alterraun Verner, which he returned 24 yards for a touchdown. It is Verner's third career preseason interception and his first returned for a touchdown. He is the first Buccaneers player with a preseason interception returned for a touchdown since 2013 (Najee Goode, vs. Washington, 8/29/13).
- On Cincinnati's ensuing possession, safety Bradley McDougald registered his first career preseason interception, returning it 38 yards to the Bengals' 12-yard line, helping set up the Buccaneers' third touchdown of the night.
- Following McDougald's interception, the Buccaneers faced third-and-20 from the Bengals' 22 yard line. Quarterback Mike Glennon connected with wide receiver Russell Shepard for a 22-yard touchdown. It is Glennon's first passing touchdown this preseason and the sixth of his career (three in 2013, one in 2014, one in 2015). It is Shepard's first career touchdown reception.
- After Shepard's touchdown, the Buccaneers defense recorded its third takeaway in as many drives, with cornerback Mike Jenkins forcing a fumble from Bengals running back Jeremy Hill, which was recovered by linebacker Bruce Carter.
- On the ensuing possession, kicker Patrick Murray connected on a 53-yard field goal, a new preseason long. It would stand as the fourth-longest of Murray's regular season career and it is the longest preseason field goal by a Buccaneers kicker since 2012 (Connor Barth, 55 yards vs. New England, 8/24).
- After a scoreless fourth quarter, the Buccaneers had the Bengals pinned at their own one-yard line and on first down, linebacker Danny Lansanah stopped halfback Cedric Peerman for a one-yard loss, resulting in a safety. The safety is the first by a Buccaneers defender in the preseason since 2011 (Michael Bennett/Dekoda Watson at Kansas City, 8/12).
- On the final play of the game, Tampa Bay defensive tackle Caushaud Lyons recorded his first career preseason sack, bringing down Cincinnati quarterback A.J. McCarron for an 11-yard loss.
- The Buccaneers defense allowed only 152 net yards, the fewest they have surrendered in a preseason contest since 2011 (137 at Kansas City, 8/12/11). Cincinnati's 152 yards would be the fewest allowed by Tampa Bay in a regular season game since 2007, when they limited Atlanta to 133 yards.
- The Bengals' 11 points scored are the fewest allowed by the Bucs in the preseason since Miami was held to seven points in 2012 (at Miami, 8/10).
*- Today's Buccaneers that did not dress:
23 S Chris Conte
45 LB Orie Lemon
56 DE Jacquies Smith
61 OL Josh Allen
62 C Evan Smith
69 T Demar Dotson
96 DE T.J. Fatinikun
*- Today's starting Buccaneers lineups:
|**OFFENSE** WR #83 Vincent Jackson LT #76 Donovan Smith LG #70 Logan Mankins C #60 Jeremiah Warren RG #74 Ali Marpet RT #79 Reid Fragel TE #87 Austin Seferian-Jenkins WR #13 Mike Evans QB #3 Jameis Winston FB #46 Jorvorskie Lane RB #22 Doug Martin||**DEFENSE** LDE #90 Henry Melton DT #93 Gerald McCoy DT #98 Clinton McDonald RDE #94 George Johnson SLB #51 Danny Lansanah MLB #58 Kwon Alexander WLB #54 Lavonte David CB #21 Alterraun Verner CB #27 Johnthan Banks SS #31 Major Wright FS #30 Bradley McDougald|