Tuesday evening, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will invite 10 students from Buccaneers Academies and their special guests to One Buc Place for the Inaugural Buccaneers Academy Holiday Card Art Exhibit.
The exhibit will display the top 10 art pieces from the Annual Buccaneers Academy Holiday Card Art Contest held earlier this fall. Students from all 24 Buccaneers Academies were invited to participate in the contest for a chance to have their art featured on the Buccaneers Holiday card.
On Tuesday, November 8 the Buccaneers held their inaugural Buccaneers Academy Holiday Card Art Contest Exhibit at One Buc Place.
The 10 finalists were chosen by art professionals from the Tampa area and one student will be named the overall winner on Tuesday night.
*The finalists are: *
- Tyreece Kelly 5th grader at B. T. Washington Elementary
- Bella Shafer 5th grader at Bevis Elementary
- Anthony Ruiz-Perea 5th grader at Foster Elementary
- Aleya Baldwin 5th grader at LaVoy Exceptional Center
- Kendra Smith 4th grader at Lithia Springs Elementary
- Maddie Kapsick 4th grader at Lithia Springs Elementary
- Sayyed Faisal 4th grader at Pizzo Elementary
- Olivia Childers 5th grader at Roosevelt Elementary
- Devin Murphy 5th grader at Roosevelt Elementary
- Nyla Davy 5th grader at Twin Lakes Elementary
Brian Ford, Buccaneers Chief Operating Officer, will be joined by Hillsborough County Superintendent Jeff Eakins, Hillsborough County Board of Education Member Sally Harris, school administrators, art teachers, and parents to recognize the hard work and talent of Buccaneers Academy students.
Buccaneers Academies provide children in underserved communities with year round curriculum, state-of-the-art resources and hands-on participation from Bucs players and cheerleaders as well as large shade covered Fitness Zones to expand educational opportunities outside the classroom and encourage active lifestyles.