Have Bucs, will travel!
In their ongoing efforts to marry football, fans and technology, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released an exciting new app for iPhone and Droid owners. With the Buccaneers Mobile app on their smartphones, fans can now have the Buccaneers at their fingertips everywhere they go, including and especially at Raymond James Stadium on game day.
The Buccaneers partnered with YinzCam, Inc. to develop the team's official smartphone app, which is free and simple to download through the Apple App Store and the Android Market (see links at the bottom of the page for instructions). Having the Buccaneers Mobile app on their smartphones will give fans unprecedented access to everything their team is doing, 365 days a year. The Buccaneers believe it will particularly enhance the gameday experience for fans and are thrilled to make it available before the 2011 regular season opener on Sunday.
"We're excited to be launching our free app as our fans are eagerly awaiting the kickoff of football season," said Buccaneers Director of Communications Jonathan Grella. "We are constantly looking for ways to leverage technology to enhance fan experience, in addition to our football operations. This app has been created to enable our fans to stay connected with their favorite team on game day and every day."
The team continues to be an innovative leader in the NFL, utilizing iPads for draft preparation, playbooks and game-planning. Buccaneers Head Coach Raheem Morris, who spearheaded the effort to convert the team's playbook from paper to iPads this year, is thrilled that the franchise is once again pushing the technological envelope.
"It's awesome," said Morris. "It's actually just another way that our organization is taking a chance to enhance everyday, gameday and fan experience. I'm just fired up. Our team, with our ownership, they'll tell you they love that stuff. Our whole organization loves it."
With a simple tap of the finger, Buccaneer fans can now quickly and easily track the latest team news, access up-to-the-minute stats on game day, watch videos, learn more about Tampa Bay players, check the standings, get fantasy updates, check the schedule, shop for tickets and much, much more. The Buccaneers Mobile app includes these exciting features, among others:
- News: Real-time breaking news from the Buccaneers, including practice updates, injury information, locker-room interviews and more
- Video: On-demand press conferences with Head Coach Raheem Morris, Offensive Coordinator Greg Olson and QB Josh Freeman, plus team-produced news videos featuring interviews with all the team's star players
- Photos: Game action, practice-field shots and special events coverage
- Audio: Podcasts of the Buccaneers many in-season radio shows
- Stats: Real-time team and player statistics on game day and throughout the season from the official NFL stats service, career stats, box scores and game scores from around the league
- Standings: Division and conference standings
- Fantasy: Several options to follow all the players on your fantasy teams
- Rosters and depth chart: Constantly updated player information straight from the team
- Schedule: Schedule of upcoming games, and scores/stats of previous games from the season, ticket purchase for games
- Social Media: Twitter interface allows fans to follow player feeds and keep in touch with each other
Fans with the Bucs Mobile act will especially enjoy the Fan Zone on game day. The Fan Zone includes a Stadium Map that allows those at Raymond James Stadium to find their favorite concessions and other amenities. The app can also be used to do stadium check-ins through Foursquare and Gowalla, report issues at the stadium and create keepsake photos that put their own images onto the giant BucVision Videoboards.
The Buccaneers are always looking for new ways to enhance the gameday experience, as well as the everyday experience, for their valued fans. The new Buccaneers Mobile app is an outstanding way for the team and its supporters to stay connected. Download it now and take the Buccaneers with you everywhere you go.