- LB Lavonte Daviddropped Panthers QB Cam Newton for a 12-yard loss in the first quarter. It was David's team-leading fifth sack of the season. He is the first Buccaneers LB to record 5 sacks in a season since Lonnie Marts in 1996 (7.0). David also recorded a season-high 12 tackles
- In the second quarter of today's game, CB Michael Adams recorded his first career sack. In the third quarter, DE Adrian Clayborn also recorded his third sack of the season. The Buccaneers finished the game with three sacks.
2013 BUCCANEERS SACK LEADERS
Rank Player Sacks
1. LB Lavonte David 5.0
2. DE Adrian Clayborn 3.0
3. LB Mason Foster 2.0
3. DT Gerald McCoy 2.0
4. CB Michael Adams 1.0
4. SS Mark Barron 1.0
4. DT Akeem Spence 1.0
4. DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim 1.0
- LB Dekoda Watson 1.0
- WR Mike Williams finished the game with three catches for 20 yards giving him 2,927 career receiving yards, passing Michael Clayton & Bruce Hill for the eighth-most receiving yards in franchise history.
MOST RECEIVING YARDS
Rank Player Yards
1. WR Mark Carrier, 1987-92 5.018
2. WR Kevin House, 1980-86 4,928
3. TE Jimmie Giles, 1978-86 4,300
4. WR Joey Galloway, 2004-08 3,912
5. WR Keyshawn Johnson, 2000-03 3,828
6. RB James Wilder, 1981-89 3,492
7. WR Gerald Carter, 1991-87 3,443
8. WR Mike Williams, 2010-13 2,947
9. WR Bruce Hill, 1987-91 2,942
10. WR Michael Clayton, 2004-09 2,936
- With his 79 receiving yards in tonight's game, WR Vincent Jackson now has 2,006 receiving yards as a Buccaneer, becoming only the 20th player to reach the mark. Jackson only needed 23 games to reach 2,000 yards, the fastest mark in Bucs history.
- QB Mike Glennon set team rookie records for pass attempts (51) and pass completions (30). He has thrown a touchdown pass in four consecutive games, becoming only the third rookie quarterback in team history to do so (Josh Freeman, Doug Williams). His 275 passing yards are a career high. He has not thrown an interception in 118 pass attempts, the longest streak by a Buccaneers rookie since Bruce Gradkowski (148 attempts).
NOTABLE ROOKIE BUCCANEER QB PERFORMANCES
Name Cmp.-Att. Yds TDs Ints Result
- V. Testeverde 22-47 369 2 2 L, NO-12/6/87
- J. Freeman 23-44 321 0 5 L, CAR-12/6/09
- D.Williams 16-35 311 1 3 L, MIN-10/1/78
- S. King 23-37 297 2 1 W, DET-12/12/99
- S. Young 21-27 277 1 2 L, GB-12/22/85
6. M. Glennon 30-51 275 1 0 L, CAR-10/24/13
7. M. Glennon 26-43 273 2 1 L, PHI-10/13/13
- J. Freeman 21-31 271 0 2 W, NO-12/27/09
- V. Testaverde 20-29 262 1 1 L, DET-12/13/87
10. M. Glennon 26-44 256 2 0 L, ATL-10/20/13
- RB Mike James made his first career start, catching four passes for 25 yards and 10 rushes for 39 yards. He also had a career-long 20-yard reception and a career-long run of 15 yards.
- Playing in his first career game, WR Skye Dawson recorded his first career reception, a nine-yard catch.
- RB Brian Leonard led the team and tied a career-high with six catches in tonight's game.
- With his two passes defensed tonight, CB Darrelle Revis now has 104 career passes defensed, the most of any player in the NFL since he entered the league in 2007.
Most Passes Defensed
Rank Player Passes Defensed
1. CB Darrelle Revis (TB) 104
2. CB Asante Samuel (ATL) 101
3. CB DeAngelo Hall (WAS) 98
4. CB Leon Hall (CIN) 96
5. CB Tramon Williams (GB) 94
- TE Tim Wright caught his first career touchdown pass, a 10-yard strike in the fourth quarter.
- K Rian Lindell connected on field goals of 40 and 47 yards. Lindell has connected on his last nine field goals.
- S Keith Tandy made his first career start, recording a career-high four tackles
- RB Bobby Rainey played in his first game as a Buccaneer.
- S Kelcie McCray established a new career best with three tackles tonight.